In this article we we will talk How to Reset Spectrum Router and Modem. Even with a high-quality broadband connection such as Spectrum’s, internet connection problems are common occurrences. Intensity of the problem may fluctuate from one moment to the next. However, with the exception of a few situations that necessitate the use of a technician, you should be able to resolve the majority of issues on your own.
Often, clients jump to conclusions and contact the internet service provider (ISP) support team for very minor issues that could easily be resolved themselves. However, there are times when you will need to take the initiative and restart or reset your modem or router.
Rebooting a router and resetting a router are two completely different things, despite the fact that many people get them mixed up. A reset will completely erase all of the information stored on the router, including the SSID, passcodes, and other configurations. The opposite of this is rebooting your router, which involves switching it off and back on to troubleshoot minor issues.
A reset will fix more serious problems, and if your router has been connected to the internet for an extended period of time, it is best to disconnect it from the network by resetting it. A reset is also beneficial because it increases the level of online security. Examine how to reset spectrum routers both online and offline in the following sections.
How to Reset Spectrum Router and Modem Combo
You can easily reset a modem/router combination device, also known as a gateway, if you have one on your network.
- Disconnect the modem from the mains power supply. Remove the device’s power cords and any batteries that may have been installed.
- Allow at least 30 seconds for the gateway to be unlocked.
- Replace the batteries and reattach the power cord to the computer.
- Allow at least 2 minutes to pass without touching the device. Instead of blinking, the lights will remain on for this step.
- Check the status of your network connection. It should be possible for you to connect to the internet.
If this doesn’t work, look for a small recessed button on the back of your modem and press that. If the router has a reset button, press and hold it with a pen for 30 seconds or until the router reboots itself.
How To Reset a Spectrum Router Offline
The process of taking a spectrum router offline and bringing it back online is relatively simple. The steps are as follows:
- To begin, unplug your router’s power cable from the wall outlet. If you have any additional devices connected to your router, such as Wi-Fi extenders, you should disconnect them as well.
- Take a minute or two to allow your router to cool down completely.
- All of the cables should be plugged back into their respective ports.
- Find the reset button on your router and press it. The majority of models are equipped with a button on the back.
- The button is in the shape of a pinhole, and you will need to press it with a needle or a sim ejector tool in order to activate it properly. After that, press the reset button one more time to confirm the reset.
- To start the router, press the Start button. It takes a long time for the router to boot up after it has been reset.
- Wait for the indicator lights to become stable before proceeding. When they have reached a stable state, the router will assign new IP (internet protocol) addresses to all of the devices connected to it.
How To Reset a Spectrum Router Online
If you don’t want to go through the hassle of performing a manual reset, Spectrum makes it very simple to do so online. When you are online, you will be able to reset your router and even check the status of the various components of your internet connection.
- Signing into your account on the “My Spectrum Application” is the first step in this process.
- To access the “Services Tab,” navigate to the account summary page and click on the “Services Tab.”
- From the drop-down “Services and Equipment Menu,” select the “Internet” tab from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the router that needs to be reset and select the “Experiencing issues” option from the drop-down menu.
- After that, select “Reset Equipment” from the drop-down menu.
- Connect the power cable from the computer to the router.
- Allow the router to boot for at least two minutes before attempting to connect again to the internet.
- Check the status of your connection by attempting to load something on any of the devices that are connected.
You may also like: Verizon Router Solid Yellow Light – How to Fix
How Often Should You Reset Your Spectrum Router or Modem?
Even if you are not experiencing a serious connection problem, it is recommended that you reset your router. When it comes to resetting your router, there are no rules or regulations. You should, however, reset it once every two months to ensure that it is effective.
Your security is enhanced by regularly resetting your router. Through the use of malware, hackers can gain access to your Wi-Fi network with relative ease. It is possible to temporarily disrupt any malicious software that has been embedded in your network by resetting the router.
In addition, Spectrum recommends that you reset your router’s passcode at the same time as you reset your router.